Walden University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) programs both provide unique learning experiences to help you advance your career.
If you are considering earning your master’s degree in business administration, explore the benefits of each program to determine which one can best help you achieve your goals.
Editor’s note: Walden University currently does not offer an Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA).
Online Learning Environment
With the MBA, you engage with students in the virtual, online classroom and study multiple functional areas of business. Students gain real-world knowledge that can be applied to projects that focus on your individual objectives.
For the Executive MBA, students work collaboratively with a small cohort of highly motivated classmates. Your colleagues offer a diverse blend of geographic and industry perspectives.
The MBA aims to provide a comprehensive business education. The online program is students, offering significant benefits you might not normally expect.
- Broaden your knowledge in a range of business topics and organizational disciplines that include accounting, corporate finance, marketing, and healthcare management.
- Define your career objectives and professional development plan with CareerBoost™, Walden’s signature career management tool, integrated throughout the program.
- Choose from 10 different specializations to focus your studies on a specific area that interests you.
- Complete 30 semester credit hours to earn your degree. The accelerated course can be completed in as little as 20 months, depending on your individual progress and credits transferred, if applicable.
The EMBA can add more flair to your leadership style and help instill an entrepreneurial, growth mindset.
- Hone your leadership skills and expand your entrepreneurial acumen through courses that emphasize professional development and personal social impact in a global society.
- Complete self-assessments throughout the duration of the program to enhance your leadership skills.
- Gain insight from internationally renowned business and technology leaders through access to exclusive interviews featuring innovators such as George Lucas, Jimmy Wales, and Muhammad Yunus.
- Complete 30 semester credit hours to earn your degree. This program is designed to be completed in 20 months.
Beyond the Classroom
Receive a complimentary membership to WOBI | World of Business Ideas by participating in the MBA program. You gain access to a stimulating online environment where you can explore innovative ideas from industry leaders and business icons who are shaping our global marketplace.
EMBA students can attend two residencies: (i) a US-based residency to network face to face with your cohort and (ii) an international residency to expand your global business insight through a visit to a country such as Brazil, China, or Germany.
Executive students also receive a complimentary membership to WOBI | World of Business Ideas.
Online Study Convenience
MBA student can start classes at one of six times throughout the year. You benefit from an online learning model, which allows you to participate in classes on a weekly basis whenever it’s convenient for you.
The EMBA academic term starts in either September or January. Students also benefit from an online learning model. You can participate in classes at whatever times suit you throughout the week.
To be admitted to the MBA program, you need a bachelor’s degree or higher.
For the EMBA course, the admission requirements are:
- A bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A minimum of seven years work experience, with at least four years in a meaningful managerial role.
- A professional letter of recommendation.
- An admission essay.
- An admission interview.
About Walden University
Walden University is a global leader in student-centered online education, attracting a community of extraordinary students and faculty from around the world.
Founded in 1970, Walden University is a regionally accredited institution in the United States. Walden attracts a community of extraordinary students and faculty from around the world. Quality online programs feature distinguished experts, accomplished faculty, and visionary leadership — all professionals who are dedicated to upholding the university’s high academic standards.
Online business and management programs
Walden offers business and management programs for dedicated professionals. Get more from your degree program — more knowledge, more opportunities, more for your money.
Perhaps most important, Walden’s business and management programs incorporate social impact management concepts, meaning you can gain the knowledge and skills needed to advance in today’s business market.
Walden University offers the following online business and management programs.
- Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.)
- Ph.D. in Management
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting and Management
- M.S. in Communication
- M.S. in Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Leadership
- M.S. in Management
- M.S. in Project Management
- B.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration
- B.S. in Business Communication
- B.S. in Communication
- Graduate Certificates in Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Business Management
- Graduate Certificate in Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
Accreditation is a hallmark of quality. When evaluating credentials, employers and universities often look for applicants who earned their degrees from accredited universities.
Walden University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Walden University is listed in the U.S. Department of Education’s comprehensive database of accredited postsecondary educational institutions. The database is searchable by institution name, accrediting body, and geographic region.
Walden University’s B.S. in Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.), and Ph.D. in Management programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP is a leading specialized accreditation association that identifies and supports excellence in business education.
This accreditation reaffirms the quality of Walden’s programs and support services, as well as our commitment to continuous assessment and improvement. Earning an ACBSP-accredited degree can benefit you as a business professional by:
- Helping you build the skills you need to compete and succeed in the global marketplace.
- Focusing on coursework that is aligned with educational standards modeled on the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, used by businesses, government, and other organizations as a measure of quality.
- Making you more marketable to employers who recognize the value of graduates of an ACBSP-accredited program.
For more information on our programs, visit the Walden University business and management programs page here.
Online MBA Programs in Australia
If you live in Australia or are interested in studying with an Australian university, a range of online MBA programs are available. The online courses are comparable with the MBA and other business programs discussed here.
A list of the best online MBA programs in Australia is shown at Online Study Australia. The best online MBAs provide a solid business management education. The courses also provide the convenience and flexibility associated with modern online degrees. Participating universities include the University of Adelaide, James Cook University, Southern Cross University, Griffith University and Torrens University Australia.
More About the Executive MBA
Walden University’s EMBA is designed to give you the skills you need to build strong organizations through strategic guidance and game-changing innovations — and advance your career in a broad range of professional roles, including CEO, vice president, president, director/senior manager, consultant and entrepreneur/business owner.
The EMBA program starts in September and January and is designed to be completed in 20 months alongside your existing professional and personal commitments.
Over the duration of the program, you complete 30 semester credit hours in 10 courses:
- Leading in a Dynamic Era
- Economic Decision Making
- Creativity, Innovation, and Foresight
- Accounting Measurement for Leaders
- Leading the Globally Diverse Firm
- Money and the Firm
- Leveraging Systems and Operations for Performance
- Competing in the Global Marketplace
- Establishing and Cultivating Customer Markets
- Capstone: Business Strategy for Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- Identify your leadership style through an in-depth self-assessment.
- Develop a level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills that can be immediately applied to your profession.
- Create an effective professional development plan.
- Expand your entrepreneurial mindset by studying international businesses and cultures.
- Establish new strategies for motivating and managing others in complex environments.
- Benefit from a combination of academic theory and practical application.
- Learn from internationally renowned leaders including a best-selling author, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, and an award-winning director, producer, writer, and entrepreneur.
With more than 40 years of experience in providing distance education, Walden University has designed a program to allow you to earn your degree while you continue to balance your professional and personal commitments.
Tuition includes everything from travel and residencies to books and technologies. The University can work with you to identify financial aid support or other payment options to fund your education.
Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this degree program.
Tuition for the Executive MBA program covers hotel rooms, most meals, and an airline travel voucher for both residencies. Students will receive airline travel vouchers for the leadership and international residencies. Students are given directions to book their air travel through a pre-approved travel agency.
The airline travel voucher is intended to cover the cost of airfare to and from the residencies. Any airline costs above the provided vouchers are the responsibility of the student. Funds can only be used for purchasing a round-trip airline ticket to an approved residency; unused funds will be returned to the university.
Walden does not cover any passport or visa related fees. It is the responsibility of the student to cover any fees or expenses associated with a student’s ability to travel outside of his or her home country.